Saturday, July 21, 2007 at 8:10 PM |
7
THEN

· I worked overtime but underpaid. My salary was two months delayed when I used to work for a government hospital.
· I used to treat and deal clients who belong to the lower class of society if the basis is net worth of the person annually.
· There was a continous learning process. My professional and personal development was taking place each day.
· I was perspiring to death especially during the summer months because the Rehab facility was not yet fully-airconditioned room.
· I was dealing with people who suffered from different neurologic and musculoskeletal injuries.
· I was sure then that I was doing the things that I really love. Treating the patients and trying my best to make them feel good and functional despite the limits of their disability after neurologic or musculoskeletal injuries.
· I never had difficulty dealing with my co-employees. I valued and still do the people from Valenzuela General Hospital Physical Therapy Department and the staff of Rizal Medical Center, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Unit. I enjoyed the times taking and just being with them.
· I was well-appreciated. From the simple acts of greeting them “Good Morning” and smiling to the noble work that I did for my clients and patients.

NOW

· I am well compensated and has no particular duty schedule. On-call duty kase ako.
· My employer is one of the richest man in UAE. He is also one of Abu Dhabi and UAE’s VIP.
· Professionally, I know I will never grow here. I have to read or check the internet if there are seminars for Physiothepist where I can attend, that is if my manager and schedule permit.
· I am dealing with people who are healthy or even healthier than I am.
· My sweat glands do not work at all everytime I work. The average room temperature in my employer’s villa range between 15-23 degC.
· I do not like to give massage and I am not really sure if I will love what I do here.
· I am having hard time dealing with people from other Asian nations. Most of them lack good manners and some are uncivilized. Others are stupid and most of them are really annoying.
· I am not sure if my employer likes the way I give massage. I am also do not have the slighest idea whether or not he appreciates the way I do my work.

Changes and to change are never easy to accept whether a major or a minor one. But that is the way life is. Life works in very mysterious ways. My life flipped 180deg and this sudden twist of fate is giving me too much physical and emotional pain! I am trying my best to be happy here, to enjoy each moment of my new life and to like what I have because I know I am really blessed to be here and to have this once in a lifetime opportunity.
Posted by rehabman Labels: , , ,

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum