Monday, July 23, 2007 at 1:58 AM |
The summer heat is making me sick and I am not feeling well. I was sleeping soundly when my phone rang at 7:45 in the morning. Ahmad, the purchasing officer, told me to be ready in an hour because we are leaving for Morocco. I immediately dressed up and headed to the nearest Abu Dhabi Cooperative Society to purchase a new luggage. At half past nine, we left the palace grounds. We boarded the Etihad flight going to Casablanca in Morocco at two in the afternoon.

On the flight, I discovered the films available for entertainment. I miss going to the theater to catch the films I like especially Pinoy films. I then decided to watch Joey Reyes’ Kasal, Kasali, Kasalo. Spiderman 3 immediately followed KKK. I took a quick nap and then watched Shrek 3. I was about to play Disturbia when I heard the voice that in thirty minutes, we will be landing. Disappointed, I started reading Jonathan Raban’s Waxwings instead. From Casablanca, we travel by land going to Rabat. I had no idea how long the trip took place because I slept along the way.

I visited Rabat Centreville the following day. I went to the souq (marketplace), had a haircut, had lunch at the café owned by my Moroccan friend, and immediately went back to the villa because my employer will be arriving at two in the afternoon. At four in the afternoon, my employer called me. We had petty talks and an hour later, I was resting in my room.

My days in Rabat were just like the previous days. The only difference was my employer regularly called me in the afternoon and at night. Maybe he missed my “hagod” after their trips in Europe or maybe he loved the massage techniques Duday and Richie taught me. Though physically exhausted at least I was not getting bored as I was before. The regular massage session also established my importance as my employer’s servant to some of the inggiteros who are raising brows whenever I join the group every time we go out of UAE.

Three days after our stay in Rabat, we went to Gava, the hunting ground. I was not so excited for I went there already. During the days in Gava, I indulged myself reading Jonathan Raban’s Waxwings and talking to my roommates. On our 2nd day, surprise news spread on all the corners of the villa. My employer will be going to New Zealand after the trip here. Everybody wants to go but the list only revealed thirty-two members of the staff. I was not sure if I was going but Noel told me I am included. I really wanted to go that I prayed day and night. Mr. Pierre did not reveal who will join the trip to New Zealand until our last day in Rabat. The confirmation on who will join the trip took place when all of us arrived at Abu Dhabi International Airport. The PRO of my employer’s office asked seventeen individuals to sign the visa application for the trip to New Zealand. And I was lucky to be included on the list.

For some reasons, this trip is one of my favorites so far. I got the chance to enjoy the solitary times I had and took the pleasure of getting to know my other co-employees more. Little by little, I am starting to adjust with my job, with the people around me and with all the hustle and bustle of joining this gang.
Posted by rehabman Labels: , ,

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum