Friday, July 20, 2007 at 9:36 PM |


As soon as I heard the news that I will not be joining my employer and his family together with a number of staff on their trip to Europe, I made a call to Duday and discussed the plans of visiting Roy in Dubai. The day after employer’s flight, Duday and I were joined by thirteen other individuals as the mini van head to Dubai.


Before the clock hits ten, the mini van left Abu Dhabi Taxi terminal. According to what I learned, the trip will take for nearly two hours and can take even longer during the rush hours of the day. Half past eleven, Duday and I were walking our way to Burjuman where Roy is working as a CSA. Humidity that night was so intense; I was sweating to death and thought would lose my consciousness half way. It was a great relief when we finally reached the shopping complex. Roy was still on duty so Duday and I went on window-shopping. There were lots of good catch and we were not able resist the temptation of buying some stuff. I wish that sale back home would be just like the sale in Dubai. You can get a pair of a new Reebok or Rockport and other sportswear at a very affordable price.


It was like seeing an audition for Pinoy Big Brother when the three of us went to the nearest taxi stand. I thought Dubai cab drivers went on-strike. Roy and Duday told me that there is a scarcity of public transportation specifically taxis in Dubai. Waiting for the taxi was like waiting for a storm in the desert so we decided to walk for another kilometer to increase the chances to get the cab ahead of the hundred others waiting on the line. I protested but the majority won. I had no choice but followed them as they walked away from the line.


While three stunning Pinoys (that’s us) crossed the Mina Road, an unexpected driver stopped as his car approached the signal light and looked towards our direction. The driver (an Arab man, based on his physical features) waved and smiled, and then without any qualms offered the passenger seat to one of us. Disgusted, offended and scared, the three of us ran away from that freaking maniac!


It was another great relief when we finally got a cab twenty minutes later.


Now, who do you think is the cream of the crop? Who’s hot? And who’s not? Take your pick and find out if your taste matches the taste of the maniac Arab man.
Posted by rehabman

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum