Sunday, January 27, 2008 at 2:01 AM |
I was smoking some minutes ago when Mahmud, a kitchen staff, saw me with an empty wrapper of a biscuit. He asked for some chocolates thinking the wrapper was of the chocolate. I immediately went back to my room and grabbed the three snickers from Gio. I handed it to Mahmud while the Moroccan electrician watched from afar. On my peripheral vision, I saw how the electrician wanted to ask some chocolates from me.

A minute later, I was searching for some chocolates inside my luggage and our room. But I cannot find even one. Without hesitation, I grabbed the box of biscuit and decided to give it to the electrician. I hurriedly went to the backdoor to give the biscuit to the electrician. The electrician was delighted when I handed him the box of biscuit. He uttered the words “Thank you my friend” several times with so much effort (the electrician speaks Arabic and speaks very little English). And I feel really good.

Yes, it feels so good to make somebody smile, even for a while. Really, it is. If you don’t believe it. Try it.
Posted by rehabman Labels: ,

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum