Wednesday, January 23, 2008 at 10:11 PM |
Five days ago, a bodyguard asked me to give him a massage. Actually, that was the second time I gave him a massage. He asked me the previous day. When I came inside his well-groomed caravan, he asked:

Bodyguard: How are you?
Me: I am fine Sir. How are you Sir?
Bodyguard: I am fine. Please massage my back. And you can go after I sleep, maybe after thirty minutes.
Me: Okay Sir. No problem Sir.

Then, I put some pain relieving cream and did the massage for his lower back. After a few minutes, I heard him snore. And ten minutes later, he was snoring like a bull! I decided to finish the usual 45-minute massage and finally left to attend to another bodyguard who also asked me to give him a massage.

The following morning, a Kabayan housekeeper asked me:

Kabayan: Ano ginawa mo kay Papi (bodyguard 1)?
Me: Bakit?
Kabayan: Ayun, di daw siya makatayo? Masakit daw ang likod
Me: Aba, minasahe ko lang siya.
Kabayan: Pinilayan mo ata. Hehehe.
Kabayan2: Asus, umaarte lang yun.
Kabayan: Mukha nga. Kasi kapag nandyan ang mga kalahi nya, lalong umaaray.
Kabayan2: Nag dadrama lang yun. Pabayaan nyo!

Bodyguard1 was asking the Kabayan housekeepers to attend to him whenever he wanted to go to the bathroom, eat, or just when he felt like doing so. I was alarmed and wanted to check on him but Kabayans told me “Pabayaan mo yun. Umaarte lang yun. Drama ba! Gusto lang nun mauna na sa Rabat.” And that’s what I did. We soon found out that everything was really a drama. The bodyguard was trying to pretend that he was so ill to avoid work (Siya daw kase ang tagapulot at taga habol sa mga ibon na nahuli ni Amo, and take note, the bodyguard was wearing his kondoora). He told Kabayan how much he hated to be in campsite in Wtadht.el.Haje. If the bodyguard complains how hard life in the campsite is, what more to me and to all my co-employees who stay inside a tent without a heater? They (bodyguards) stay inside a caravan with a heater, an attached bathroom and a television.

The bodyguard’s drama was not funny and really annoyed me. I love my profession (Physiotherapist). I worked so hard to get my diploma and to have a license in the Philippines. People who know me can testify to that! For the past years, I am trying to prove my worth and build my reputation as a well-competent health care professional. Nobody can ruin the reputation I am trying to build; not a stupid fake drama king, not a malingerer, not a bodyguard and not even a Sheikh!
Posted by rehabman Labels: , ,

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum