Saturday, January 19, 2008 at 3:45 PM |
For the more than 48 hours now, I am sick. Yes, I am very sick.

Since we came here in Morocco, some members of the staff are starting to get ill. I am sure that the mishap is due to the climate change plus the poor accommodation that we, (the staff) have. We are all staying in a tent (at least 4 in each), without a heater and is never a cold proof. We have three blankets, but even a dozen would not help.

During my first night here, I know something will be wrong if I do not take care of myself. I started to take Ascorbic Acid again, and to drink plenty of water. I also started to eat healthy. Healthy, meaning, less carb and more protein and fiber-rich foods in-take. I did some stretching exercises before I take a bath. However, none of these seemed work. On our second night, a bodyguard asked me to give him a massage. The session lasted a little over an hour. The following day, the said bodyguard called me up again. Immediately after the session with bodyguard 1, bodyguard 2 asked for a full body massage. And, take note, the bodyguard 2 wanted a full body hard massage. I was exhausted after nearly 2.5 hours.

When I was about to rest, I felt something wrong with me. I checked my body temperature using the dorsum of my hand and found out that I am slightly hyperthermic. I drank two bottles of water and tried to rest, and I did. At 20:30, I went out of bed and found myself in terrible cough and body pain. I was not able to visit the camp doctor because no car was available to bring me there.

The following morning, the sickness worsens. I got headache, body ache, flu, cough and fever. I started to take Paracetamol every 4 hours. I even prepared a pure lemon juice for me, but nothing changed. I was sick and no car was available to bring me to the doctor.

It was only this morning that I managed to visit the camp doctor. The camp doctor took my oral temperature and it read 37.8deg C. There were no history taking, auscultation and other objective procedures. I told them I need Mucosolvan for my cough. The Pakistani doctor also gave me Anti-biotic, Paracetamol and Anti-Allergy Meds. I rested the whole afternoon after taking the meds, when I woke up, I am feeling slightly better.

I hope tomorrow, I will wake up feeling a lot better.
Posted by rehabman Labels: , , ,

1 comments:

Lala said...

checking vitals na ito. :)

January 30, 2008 at 8:23 AM
Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum