...
Tuesday, June 10, 2008 at 7:12 PM |
I did not get a nice sleep because calls and messages from family and friends came one after another. And there was this anonymous caller who kept on calling my mobile but did not utter a single word. It was an international call because the number did not register. I decided to put my mobile in the silent mode for me to get a nice sleep. It was almost half past 1 in the afternoon when I went out of bed.

I checked my mobile, mail, friendster account and my blog. I sent some messages and had my glass of milk. A little more than hour later, I was heading to my employer's office. It was brutally hot and humid. There was no car, I had no choice. So I walked hurriedly under the heat of the sun. Very nice gift from Mother Nature...

I managed to arrive at the office at 3:15 pm with sweat all over me. But unfortunately, the HR head was no longer around. For some reasons, he left earlier than he supposed to be (hmmm, my employer left for Oman earlier today). I left the office with my mission unaccomplished. Another nice birthday present...

So it was hot and I was so hungry. I was supposed to go to Khalidiyah mall but changed my mind. I needed a decent meal. So I decided to visit Golden Fork Resto since I haven't been there yet. It's an oriental restaurant. It's not a fine dining but a nice place to eat and hang-out (I supposed). Most of foods being served are Filipinos'.

Waitress: Kabayan, ano pong order nyo?
Me: 1 Chinese fried rice, 1 Kare-kare, 1 Pancit Canton, 1 Iced tea
Waitress: 1 Chinese fried rice, 1 Kare-kare, 1 Pancit Canton, 1 Iced tea po?
Me. Oo. Tsaka 2 Lumpiang sariwa for take out.
Waitress: Ha? Ilan po ba kayong kakain?
Me: Ako lang. Bakit madami ba yun? Take out naman yung Lumpiang sariwa tska birthday ko naman ngayon.
Waitress: Ok po. Happy Birthday.
Me: Salamat.

Then she left smiling.

I was not interested whatever she thinks. I did not care. It's my birthday. Being alone is not an excuse to have a feast and celebrate life! After nearly 20 minutes, the meal finally arrived. I ate happily even if this bastard Lebanese threw glances until my last subo. And the verdict: FOOD IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

Though the price is reasonable, the ambience is nice, the staff are friendly(?) and there is a
place for smokers like me, these things do not compensate the taste of their food. Plus the service is not so good. I have tried all the kainans serving Filipino food all over Abu Dhabi and Golden Fork's no special. My friends can attest to that! So I asked for the bill and left with my take-away Lumpiang Sariwa.

Now, I am alone in my room. Nobody is here except me. Noel, Keith and Gio are in Oman; Rodjie and Willie are both in the Philippines. Hayyyy, Happy Birthday to me. I am celebrating my birthday alone. The best way to do it? - A yosi on my right hand and a bottle of Smirnoff on the left.




---
Minutes after finishing my 2nd bottle of Smirnoff, I received a call from Duday inviting me to come to their place. I smelled a real sumptuous meal after we exchanged goodbyes... :-)
Posted by rehabman

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum