Friday, May 2, 2008 at 7:40 PM |
Last Saturday I received a surprise call from Noel. By the way, Noel is one of my trusted big brothers here.

Noel: Pards, tinawagan ka ba kagabi ng butler ni amo?
Me: Hindi. Bakit?
Noel: Magpapamasahe daw kc si amo sabi ni Nognog. Pinapatawag ka daw. Nag palit kc ng sim card yung butler butler. Yung number mo naman kay Nognog kulang ng isa. Arabic daw sumasagot kapag dina-dial nila.
Me: Ah Ganun ba. Wala naman tumawag sa akin. Umaga na nga ako natulog mga past three am na.
Noel: Mga bandang ala-una daw nung tinatawagan ka nila. Di bale, baka ipatawag ka lang ulit mamaya. Naibigay ko na ang number mo sa kanila.
Me: Okay. Salamat.
Noel: Cya, sige pards. Intay-intay ka lang baka ipatawag ka ulit mamaya.
Me: Sige Pards. Thank you ulit.

After the conversation, I remembered one incident that happened late last year. I was still staying on the housekeeper’s accommodation when I received a call from Willie (my employer’s personal waiter) at 3:30 am. He asked me to go to the gate immediately. My employer wanted some massage after an evening meeting. My reflexes were so hyperactive that I managed to be at the gate in less than two minutes. After waiting for nearly 10 minutes, the car arrived and we hurriedly drove towards the other side of the palace. When we finally arrived, I waited for some thirty minutes and then finally advised to go back to my room. Some waiters told me that before we (the butler and I) arrived, my employer left already to spend the night with his family. Saman, a Sri Lankan waiter who was on duty that time told me that my employer was furious! He was so mad because the people who should inform me did not do their jobs. I told him, nobody informed so it was not my fault. Saman assured me that my employer was not angry with me. Then the driver came to bring me on the other side of the palace.

God knows and they know that it was not my fault at all. Like what I usually do here for more than three hundred days, I am just waiting for any orders. I sleep at three in the morning waiting for any calls and stay awake whenever all my co-employees are having their siestas in the afternoon. I do not really have worry-free days here except during the days that my employer is out of the country and I am not included in the entourage.

I once read that a thing that happened once can never happen twice. But if that thing happened for the second time, it will surely happen for the third time. My friend told me, "alam mo sa palagay ko hindi yun sa hindi ka pinatawag ng amo mo, baka hindi ka lang sadyang tinatawag ng mga dapat tumawag sayo". Hindi nga kaya? Sinasabotahe na ba ako?
Posted by rehabman Labels: , ,

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum