Monday, April 28, 2008 at 8:10 AM |
I was supposed to post this entry last week. Blame it on the limited source of internet connection here in our accommodation and my uneasiness here. Yes, we have only one connection here and that is for the technician of the palace. Nakikigamit lang ako. But of course, there is this “exclusive” wireless connection for the king whenever he is around. And there is just too much happening inside my head. I think a lot. I am in the middle of emotional and intellectual disturbance.

Anyway, here is the story. Last week, I received a surprise call from my buddy Rodjie. He was in Jordan that time along with my employer and some staff. I was fortunate not to be with them enjoying all the time that I have and resting without worries. He asked me if I experienced anything unusual or creepy things inside our accommodation. When I said there was nothing, he immediately said this: (verbatim), “Dre, kalat na kalat na dito! May nagpaparamdam daw dyan sa accommodation natin sabi ng mga Langka (Sri Lankans)”. I have to admit that I became scared and worried because I was all alone in my room that time. I said nothing. Pampalakas ba ng loob. Then I recalled that something happened during the first few weeks of my stay here.

I was ready to sleep that time. Willie, my roommate, stays outside the palace with his wife. After I prayed, I closed my eyes. I turned to be an insomniac here because of my very irregular duty hours. After some minutes or hours trying to get some sleep, I felt somebody tapped my thigh. I know it was not a dream. I really felt this cold hand as it landed on my thigh. I opened my eyes and tried to check if there was somebody else inside the room. It was so dark. There was noone except for the chair silhoutted against light coming from the outside. And besides, I was already drowsy that time that I did not mind turning the lights on. Therefore, I went back to my interrupted sleep and asked my friends here if something similar happened to them the very same day. They told me, there was nothing.

After my phone conversation with Rodjie, I looked around my room waiting for some strange thing to happen. One minute passed, then some more. There was no creepy sound or cry. I was just hearing my own heartbeat and the ticking sound of Willie’s alarm clock. Then, I decided to re-arrange my clothes inside my closet. I was so alarmed to find out that my two bottles of my perfume were nowhere to be found. Based on my recollection, I carefully placed the two perfumes on the section exclusive for my personal care. I could not find the perfumes there anymore. I was already in panic. I checked everything - my luggage, some more bags, on my bed and underneath, side tables and even on my secret box. My Ferrari Light Essence and Dunhill Fresh perfumes were gone!

Somebody must have found the key of our room on its secret location (we are not allowed to bring our room key because somebody might need the storage room key which is kept on Willie's table). I was wondering why only my things. My roommate’s perfumes are all over the place and we are used to leave our personal things inside our room. I remember that it was only before we left for Morocco that I put the perfumes inside my cabinet. I used to put those perfumes on my side table. <Deep Sigh> Hay Buhay…

As I tried to sleep that early morning, I have concluded that there are no ghosts roaming around our accommodation, only some sick kleptomaniac waiting to take my things away. Something scary really happened not because of some supernatural or whatever they want to call it. I went out of bed, counted my shirts and recorded it. I secured the only perfume that I have and decided to go back to sleep. Truly, mas dapat matakot sa taong buhay.
Posted by rehabman Labels: , ,

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum