Monday, March 17, 2008 at 9:57 PM |

Everybody will agree with me with this: All of us do get frustrated with our jobs. But when are these frustrations enough to make us pack our things and make us leave our present jobs?


For the past months, I have been complaining about the downside of the job that I have. My present job as a private PT does not meet my personal and professional needs. I almost talked to my employer and asked him to send me back home. The professional growth here is nearly impossible for I am only practicing the minor fraction of what I studied in college. I was really frustrated, disappointed and my emotions were so high. Kiko told me, “Huwag kang magpadalos-dalos. Tsaka huwag ka kasing magpadala sa emosyon mo”. Good thing, I came to realize that I have to be extra careful in making decision whenever my emotions are intense.


I am compensated well enough here compared to the most of the practicing Physical Therapists in the Philippines. Though money is not in the major list of the reasons why I should give up this job, it is still part of the endless list. But looking upon the history of man, grass is not always greener on the other side of the field. There are chances that I might end up under employed again or even worst underpaid.


Just recently, a friend asked me, “Happy ka naman diyan?” I struggled to answer that question. I just said that happiness is a vague term. I am not completely happy but I am not totally sad. I try to enjoy my sedentary life here. I talk to people, I go out with some friends, or I walk whenever I can during late afternoons for I might find a life there or watch the glorious Arabian sunset. I stopped complaining. I guess I am sick and tired of the worries that this job gave me. I am so done with wishing for the impossible things to happen here (I grew up in a very different world). I started to appreciate the life that I have no matter how hard it is. And it feels good.


We all get frustrated - with our jobs, our relationships and our lives. Let me just share another realization here, unhappy workers often are struck in the negative side and nothing about their present situation will ever be good enough. So let us stop worrying, let us start to cheer up. Enjoy the life what we have right now and appreciate the little things that we have. Life is beautiful. Oh yes it is!
Posted by rehabman Labels: , ,

1 comments:

Lala said...

amen to that, father nates!

March 25, 2008 at 1:09 AM
Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum