Sunday, January 6, 2008 at 8:18 AM |
On the first day of 2008, I was 30,000 feet above sea level. I joined seven more other members of my employer’s private staff on the way to Casablanca in Morocco and later in Oujda. We arrived at Aero port Mohammed V in Casablanca half past eight in the evening (local time) and waited for more than two hours for the flight going to Oujda, Morocco.

It was already one in the morning when we arrived at the palace owned by my employer’s brother. We immediately went to sleep and woke up at nine in the morning for the trip going to Wtadht.et.Haje, Morocco (campsite). Just before, three in the afternoon, everybody managed to settle down on the partially done tents. The portable restrooms were not yet ready and the weather is extremely cold. The late afternoon breeze was blowing so hard and it was so damn cold. Tents were ready for occupancy just before the clock hits eight in the evening. Rodjie and I shared the tent while Gio and Noel (black) shared the adjacent one.

I woke up the next day with the dust all over me. I dunno if sand storm was happening that time, but the unforgivable gustiness of the wind made our tent its first casualty. The tent next to ours followed and some more other tents including the fabricated majlis (Arabic living room) for my employer and his friends. The area supervisor raised concerns to my employer who happens to be (that time) in Switzerland with his family. After three windy, rainy days and two rainy and freezing cold nights, the good news came to us. My employer cancelled the trip here due to extreme weather conditions. All of us immediately packed our luggage and travelled for more than ten hours on the way to Rabat.

At four in the morning, seven individuals (including me) headed to Aero port Mohammed V for the flight back to Abu Dhabi. It was a total relief when I finally handed my passport to the immigration officer safe and sound.

Posted by rehabman Labels: , , , , ,

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum