Wednesday, September 19, 2007 at 5:41 PM |
Fresh from Christ Church New Zealand, I joined the whole gang on the flight going to Bali, Indonesia. I was surprised to know that I, together with some six other members of the staff will stay in Bali for two more days before going back to Abu Dhabi.

The sun was beginning to set when we arrived at Denpasar International Airport. After half an hour, Sultan and Pirbhaksh joined me on the way to Ritz Carlton Resort and Spa - Bali. Cheerful smiles and garlands greeted us on the entrance hall of the magnificent accommodation. After some rest, my roommates and I decided to go out and check what Bali has to offer.

At nine in the evening, I was looking for Mr. Pierre to ask permission and to inform him about my plans to go out. Two fucking hours passed, my roommates decided not to go out anymore. I was determined to go by myself so I tried my best to locate him. I was losing all the excitement and hope when I finally got the chance to talk to Mr. Pierre and asked his permission. I really wanted to go out and enjoy the place because I was not able to explore the best of Christ Church. Going out alone is not new to me. That is what I do back home whenever nobody is available to join me. After all, whenever I am alone, I could do anything I want. I can be stupid, silly and there is nobody to say, “That was dumb!”

I went straight to Kuta - Bali’s famous nightspot, that is, according to the front desk officer of Ritz Carlton. Just before twelve midnight, I was walking along the streets of Kuta. After enough sweating, I decided to check Hard Rock Bali. To my surprise, Hard Rock was so crowded I cannot barely move. I immediately decided to check The Wave.

It was almost four in the morning when I arrived at the hotel. As I lay down on my bed, feeling nauseous, I told myself, “I am very glad I went by myself. It was freeing in a way I had not expected!”

The following day, I went to Nusa Dua. It was about thirty minute drive from Ritz Carlton Bali. Nusa Dua was the setting of the hit Koreanovela Memories of Bali. It is also a shopping haven and an equally famous nightspot.

Pleasant surprises, luxury and natural beauty are always easy to come by on a trip to Bali- no matter how short or hurried my visit was.

Posted by rehabman Labels: , , , , ,

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum